Part-time Assistant Resident Managers: Live-in
Location: Lynwood Place/Park Manor - Brantford, ON
Equiton Living is a privately owned, full-service property management company that provides quality, well-maintained apartments across Ontario. Hands-on, proactive management, highly trained and experienced staff, relationship-oriented business practices, and continued reinvestment in our properties are the keys to our success. The Equiton Living team is grounded in sound, professional real estate practices and building-maintenance operations. Our focus is on creating an environment people love to call home.
About the Position:
Reporting to the Resident Manager, the part time Assistant Resident Manager is required to work every 2nd weekend assisting with the daily maintenance of the property and covering the building when the Resident Manager is off, to ensure the entrance, common areas, sidewalks and roadways of the property are in a clean and safe condition. Handling resident relations, onsite and available to handle emergency situations, for the property.
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
- Daily cleaning of lobby and laundry rooms
- Vacuum Corridors twice a week or as required
- Clean stairwells once a week or as required
- Familiar with emergency procedures
- Work every 2nd weekend to cover Resident Manager’s weekend off (from Friday at 5 pm through Monday at 8:30 am every 2nd week)
- Show vacant units, complete applications for tenancy when the Resident Manager is off.
- Handling resident requests and problems with respect and in a polite professional manner.
- Record any unusual activity and be sure to complete the communication log
- Cover RM vacation
- Compensation is a partial rent reduction, plus $100 per day for covering the Resident Manager vacation.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Self-motivated, energetic, detail oriented and able to multi-task.
- Good communication skills and be a people person with the ability to work independently.
Education and Experience:
- Previous experience in customer service, cleaning, maintenance and administration required.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that leverages diverse talent, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We are an equal opportunity employer that values a culture that reflects and celebrates diversity of thought, background and experience. If you require accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know, so that we will work with you to meet your needs. We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue will be contacted.