Apartment Cleaning Specialist
Location: Wellington Place - Hamilton, ON
Equiton Living is a privately owned, full-service property management company that provides quality, well-maintained apartments across Ontario. Hands-on, proactive management, highly trained and experienced staff, relationship-oriented business practices, and continued reinvestment in our properties are the keys to our success. Our focus is on creating an environment people love to call home. The Equiton Living team is grounded in sound, professional real estate practices and building-maintenance operations. We attract diverse, talented people and create an atmosphere that rewards initiative, independent thinking, and integrity.
About the Position:
The Cleaner will be responsible for keeping our Hamilton property located at 125 Wellington Place in clean and orderly condition. You will perform heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, cleaning and stocking restrooms, washing walls, glass and upholstered furniture, and removing rubbish. Duties may include performing routine maintenance activities, notifying management of the need for repairs, and cleaning snow or debris from sidewalks.
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
- Locks or unlocks doors, turns lights on/off, generally patrols grounds.
- Performs general clean up of all office facilities.
- Sweeps, mops, polishes, refinishes resilient floors, vacuums and shampoos carpeted areas, dumps garbage and recycle bins, performs all cleaning aspects of halls, offices, board rooms, restrooms, lunchroom as well as washes walls, windows, upholstered furniture and window coverings.
- Cleans and stocks restroom facilities
- Cleans light fixtures and changes bulbs/tubes.
- Performs minor repairs on windows, doors, switches, desks, tables, plugs, equipment, appliances, sinks, toilets, blinds etc.
- Contacts appropriate maintenance service shop for major repairs.
- Maintains fire alarms, extinguishers.
- Prepares and sets up rooms or auditoriums for meetings, parties, or various other activities and cleans up afterwards.
- Maintains outside grounds (removes snow, ice, and debris, sprays and removes weeds, sweeps and cleans gutters, waters and maintains sprinkling system).
- Determines needed supplies and equipment.
- Monitors need for equipment maintenance and repair.
- Responsible for proper inventory of materials and supplies.
- Monitors work quality, trains as needed.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to schedule and prioritize work for self.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility, and flexibility.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma
- Minimum 1 year experience in the operation and maintenance of buildings.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that leverages diverse talent, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We are an equal opportunity employer that values a culture that reflects and celebrates diversity of thought, background and experience. If you require accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know, so that we will work with you to meet your needs. We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue will be contacted.